Listed below are some basic items that will be helpful as
alternatives and seasonings that may not be known by some of you. Most can
be purchased at any health store or large supermarkets with health
Tofu--by product of the soybean. High in protein,
fat, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins. There are two kinds: the
water pack and the Mori-nu which is sealed and needs no refrigeration....used in
desserts and dressings.
Bragg Liquid Aminos--a
vegetable protein from soybeans. Not fermented and is lower in sodium than
regular soy sauce.
Carob--Locust bean pod powder, also called St. John's
Bread. Naturally sweet, and rich in calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron,
and magnesium. It taste alot like chocolate without the caffeine, Theo bromine, methylzanthines, and other ingredients. Also found in chip form.
Loma Linda and Worthington Foods...assorted meat
substitutes such as hot dogs, burgers, chic style, etc. Use sparingly.
Galaxy Foods: Veggie Slices and Chunk Non Dairy alternative
Yves: Deli Slices and other assorted sandwich makers.
Tofutti brand Better Than Cream Cheese or Sour Cream
Raw cashew pieces--Need to be washed thoroughly
- 1 package water packed tofu (soft or firm-your taste will decide)
- 2 teaspoons McKay's chic seasoning
- 1/2 cup each of chopped onion and mushrooms
- fresh chopped garlic (to your taste)
- Drain and rinse tofu, mash in a bowl and add other ingredient. Bake
in a baking dish at 350 for 30 minutes or simmer in nonstick skillet
for 20 minutes.
- You can make this dish with a variety of seasonings--your favorite salsa
or Bragg liquid aminos --other herbs. Experiment!
CASHEW FRENCH TOAST
- 1 cup cashew pieces ( washed well )
- 1 cup water ; 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 slices of whole grain bread cut in half
- In blender cover cashews and salt with water and blend till thick.
Add water as it blends. It will thicken more as you add water.
Blend till cashews are all blended. Pour in a dish, dip your bread and
coat both sides. Put in a non-stick skillet at med-high or about
375. Cook till golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup
and strawberry sauce. ( below)
- Strawberry sauce: Fill blender with two
ripe bananas cut in pieces. Fill the rest of the blender with 2 1/2
cups fresh strawberries. Add about 2/3 cup water slowly using
the pulse button on and off till well blended and smooth. Yields about
4 cups. You can use frozen strawberries. Fill the blender with
the frozen strawberries overnight in the refrigerator. In the
morning they will be soft and ready to blend easier. They will reduce
to about 3/4 of the blender so you can add your bananas. We get a 5
lb. bag of whole unsweetened strawberries at Cosco or Sams Club and have our
sauce year round.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons soy flour or soy milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat waffle iron at medium. Spray oil. Blend all ingredient
in blender till smooth. Pour into waffle iron and cook for about 10-12
- 1 cup millet; 4 cups boiling water ; 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat crock pot to high. Add all ingredient. Stir and cook covered
for about 45 minutes. Stir again and reduce temperature to low
and cook overnight. Serve with honey and rice or soy milk
Left over millet can be made into a delicious casserole.
- Blend 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds; 1/2 cup cashews and 1/2 cup water until
smooth. Pour over 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked millet; 1 med. chopped
fine onion; 1 teaspoon garlic powder; 2 Tablespoons Bragg Aminos . Mix
well. Put in casserole dish and bake at 325 for 14-60
minutes. Serve with a brown gravy.
- BROWN GRAVY Blend 1
cup cashews; 3 cups water; 1/2 teaspoon onion powder; 3 Tablespoons Bragg
Aminos ; 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or barley flour; parsley
flakes. Cook 15 minutes...stirring over med. high till thick.
Add more water if necessary. ( Loma Linda Foods have a chic or brown
gravy packets for a quick gravy. Makes about a cup.)
- 6 potatoes; 1 tub Better than Cream Cheese; 1 package Wonton
wraps. Put wraps in muffin tin and spray with oil. Bake at 400
till brown. Fill with mashed potato and cream cheese mixture.
Bake again at 400 for 10 minutes.
- 1 pkg tofu; 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 tsp. mustard
- garlic granules to suit taste
- 1 celery stalk, chopped fine
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp Bragg aminos (soy sauce) Add last after everything is mixed
- Mash tofu and mayo (start with the 1/4 and add more to taste, mustard and
seasonings till crumbly. Add onion and celery and soy sauce and mix
again. Can't believe is isn't eggs!
- 1 pkg. soft tofu ( Mori-nu) ; 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed ; 1 garlic clove
- Blend in blender till smooth. Use pulse and stir if necessary
- 1 lg eggplant, peeled and cooked; 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini ; 3/4 tsp salt; garlic to taste
- Blend all in blender till smooth.
- 1 (15 oz. ) can garbanzo beans; 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice; 1/4 cup sesame tahini
- 1 tsp salt ; 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup garbanzo water.
- Blend in blender till smooth. Add more water is necessary.
Great with pita bread.
"COTTAGE CHEESE" PATTIES OR LOAF ALTERNATIVE
- 1 pkg Mori-nu soft tofu
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1/4 soy flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp sage
- 1 chopped onion
- Mix all ingredients together. Put in oiled casserole and bake for 45
mins. at 400 or until done. Or make patties and brown thoroughly in an
oiled nonstick pan under med heat.
1/2 water packed tofu
1 egg or egg substitute (beaten)
6 Tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. finely chopped carrot
2 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
1 Tbsp. green part of green onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients well. With wet hands shape into four or five patties. Coat the patties on both sides with bread crumbs. Saute in a little oil until brown on both sides.
In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup mauonnaise, 1 Tbsp. chopped celery leaves, 1 Tbsp. sweet or dill pickle relish, 1 Tbsp. chopped white ends of green onions
Preheat waffle iron on medium heat
Blend these ingredients in blender for 1 minute
let stand for 10 minutes then blend again for 1 minute. Pour into waffle iron and bake for 15 minutes.
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup raw almonds, or raw cashews(washed)
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
These freeze well and then put in toaster oven.
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Add to mixture of:
2 c flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 pumpkin pie spice
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped nuts
Drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheet
Bake at 350 12 -15 minutes
Makes 3-4 doz. soft cookies
12 oz. mori-Nu lite extra firm tofu
1/4 c. raw cashews, rinsed well
1 c. boiling water
1 T. lemon juice
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
" " dried celery flakes
" " dried chives
1/8 t. dill weed
1 t. parsleu flakes
Whiz first four ingredients in blender till smooth. Add dry seasonings and blend till coarsely chopped. Chill and serve. This freezed well. Thaw and blend till smooth.
4 cups dry bread crumbs
4 cups rolled oats
2 c. walnuts
1/4 c. food yeast flakes
2 t. parsley flakes
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
2 med chopped onions
3 1/2 c. boiling water
Mix first two ingredients
Blend remaining ingredient till chopped coarley in blender. Pour over dry mixture and mix well. It should be mushy...add more hot water if needed. Form into patties and chill.
Bake on greased cookie sheet at 400 for 35-40 mins.
Can be served with gravy or as a burger.
Yield: 32-34 patties
Can be frozen in zip lock bags.
More recipes to follow........very soon. Thank you for your patience!
You can get these
and many more @
Sales ex. 3605
Program Ex. 3602
Send for free info
about Weimar's Newstart program and get a free catalog for ordering hard to get
items and wonderful cookbooks.